Shipping / Returns / Cancellations
The entire delivery process (UK) normally takes approx. 3-4 working days for your item to reach you. The exception to this is usually during peak times e.g. Christmas which can delay delivery a little. Collections or deliveries are made only on working days Mon-Fri. Travel Expedient accept no responsibility, once handed over to the shipping agent, for any delay due to peak times, adverse weather conditions or an act of God. If you need a parcel in time for an occasion or on a specific day please let us know – we can arrange next day delivery for a small (carrier) surcharge – please message via the link contact seller, the office with your request before you make your purchase to ensure we can meet your requirements.
Your purchase will be well packaged and, if applicable, in its original box. An email is normally sent to you by Travel Expedient, and will ofer a tracking number via Parcel Force to alert you of an imminent delivery. In the event of an item being withdrawn or unavailable you will be advised of a delivery date or offered a full refund whichever is your choice.
Please ensure someone is available to sign for your parcel, or leave a note on the door informing the driver to obtain a signature from a designated neighbour. For advice on charges for repeated unsuccessful deliveries please read notes below. Every delivery requires a signature by the delivery agent. Any requests by the customer to leave it in a safe place will be passed on to the couriers but we cannot guarantee the courier agent will act on it as often the insurance does not cover parcels delivered without a signature so the responsibility of a missing parcel will be entirely the customers. We strongly recommend you have it delivered with the security of a signature on the delivery note.
BUSINESS ADDRESS DELIVERIES (9am –5.30pm Mon-Fri)
Please ensure someone is available to sign for your parcel even during lunchtime. Repeated unsuccessful delivery attempts may incur a courier charge. This is for returning the item to us which is payable by the customer, and a further delivery charge may be applicable if you want us to re-send it out to you again – a purchase will be deemed an acceptance of these terms and conditions. NB: This happens very rarely as some couriers will email you in advance of a delivery, and also leave a card to alert you of the attempted delivery. The card will have a telephone number for you to ring and arrange either a collection or a re-delivery.
HOME ADDRESS DELIVERIES (8am -9pm Mon-Fri)
Please ensure someone is available to sign for your parcel. Repeated unsuccessful delivery attempts may incur a courier charge. This is for returning the item to us which is payable by the customer, and a further delivery charge may be applicable if you want us to re-send it out to you again – a purchase will be deemed an acceptance of these terms and conditions. NB: This happens very rarely as some couriers email you in advance of a delivery, and also leave a card to alert you of the attempted delivery. The card will have a telephone number for you to ring and arrange either a collection or a re-delivery.
SHIPPING – EUROPEAN UNION (EEC)
Whilst we do not ship outside the UK, please email for a quote and we will try and accomodatodate special requests to ship in Europe and general Shipping advice below; Please note we do not refund overseas shipping charges. Overseas items are checked for faults before leaving the UK, and any faulty goods on arrival will be deemed the responsibility of the carrier. Postage is non-refundable. All efforts to assist you in a claim will be made. A purchase will be deemed an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SHIPPING – WORLDWIDE
Due to increased shipping charges by carriers, we no longer ship Worldwide.
GENERAL SHIPPING/POSTAGE INFORMATION
- Where a courier is not used, Proof of Posting is always obtained.
- Disclaimer – Travel Expedient are not responsible for delivery times by 3rd parties once the item is sent off. If you instruct us to tell the driver to leave it outside (with no signature obtained), then the responsibility of missing or stolen items will be with the customer.
- ITEMS WITHIN UK will be sent via Royal Mail either by 1st Class mail, Parcel/Small Packet Service, or Courier service – Travel Expedient reserves the right to assess the best delivery method according to weight restrictions.
- ITEMS WITHIN EUROPEAN UNION will be sent either by Royal Mail Airmail or by Parcel Courier. Failed delivery attempts by the courier due to the customer not being home will incur a courier surcharge if the item is returned to the UK. This surcharge is payable by the customer and is usually the same price you were charged for the original delivery.
- Shipping Costs are based on weight, and volumic size of the item.
RETURNS / CANCELLATIONS
RETURNING UNWANTED ITEMS / CANCELLATIONS:
- If you wish to return or cancel your unwanted purchase, you must inform us by email within 7 days of the delivery date of your purchase. You will be issued a returns code. You should then return the item to us within 7 working days except for Xmas where we have an extended time – usually 21 days. For your own protection we recommend sending it with a proof of postage certificate, or Signed for delivery. Returning courier items have a tracking number.
- The item must be returned in its original packaging, complete with labels etc and must be unused to qualify for a full refund. Although your statutory rights as a consumer will not be affected, the goods are classed as second hand without the original packaging and therefore we may not be able to exchange or issue a full item refund without it. Postage costs are non-refundable and the cost of returning the item is the responsibility of the buyer.
- In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, you will be refunded for the item value less our standard fee of £1.50. This fee includes costs incurred for administration, re-stocking, and any credit/debit card fees we were charged for handling your payment as you were not charged for this at checkout. In accordance with your consumer rights you will be refunded within 30 days of our receipt of your unwanted item.
A purchase will be deemed an acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
RETURNS / FAULTS
We pride ourselves on wrapping items for the maximum transit protection. Please check the box is intact and not dented when you take receipt from the delivery agent. If it is dented or damaged do not accept it or sign for it. In the unlikely event of a fault found within the box, you must email immediately on receipt of the item(s). Any delay in reporting damaged items will make void any refund due for postage or shipping – we can’t claim from the delivery agent if it’s not reported on the day. If you expect to be on holiday when the item is due to be delivered please ensure the person who accepts the parcel checks it for you.
If no replacement is available, a full refund, including your postage costs, will be offered. All returning items found damaged on arrival must be unused, and in their original packaging (this includes any boxes/bags/dust bags/tags/labels etc) in order to qualify for a full refund. The item must be returned to us within 14 days of our despatch. Safe and secure postage is essential so we recommend you re-package carefully and obtain a ‘proof of postage certificate’ from the post office or send by ‘Recorded’ delivery (NOT special delivery-its expensive and unnecessary) Items returned by courier will have a tracking number. It is the responsibility of the buyer to return the goods to the seller. Please note we don’t refund return shipping fees if a replacement is not accepted by the buyer. A purchase will be deemed to be an acceptance of these terms & conditions.
If an item develops a fault within one month of purchase we offer a back to base no quibble item exchange or repair policy. Postage costs to return the item are at the buyer’s expense. Older returning items will be exhanged on a like for like basis in the event we cannot repair it. To qualify for an exchange the item must not have been damaged due to customer misuse or mishandling. Where an exchange/repair is not possible a credit note or refund will be offered.
The manufacturers warranty is for six months. A purchase is deemed an acceptance of these terms and conditions.